We are pleased to announce a return to competition for BMC events. With the first race being at Trafford on July 25th.
This is part of the England Athletics Pilot Competitions. Together with our great friends at Trafford AC we have been working on proposals for the conduct of the meeting and races which satisfy the rigorous criteria required to have the meeting licenced. We have been working closely with England Athletics and now have approval and a license from UKA to go ahead.
Our intention is to use the learning from the Trafford pilot and to then stage additional meetings at Trafford and other locations. At this stage we cannot name those venues as each individual meeting needs to be risk assessed and approved not only by the governing bodies but by the venues as well. We are fortunate that Trafford as a club run track have been incredibly supportive of a return to competition, but this is a tougher challenge with council run facilities. As soon as we have dates and venues, we will announce them on the websites.
Currently we have agreement on the format for 800m races which will be run in lanes. As things stand this is currently one person in every other lane and we are waiting to see if every lane will be approved. We have made proposals of formats for longer events and alternative formats for 800m races. We will be pushing these ideas forward for licensing approval. Our intention would be to provide opportunities for senior and academy athletes if we can secure the venues.
Entries will be open to current paid up BMC Members and the following rules will need to be observed.
• Please observe social distancing guidelines at all times of 2m distance as recommended by Public Health England
• The race will be run in lanes please run as closely to the inside of your lane as possible/if you run outside of your lane you will be disqualified
• Do not closely interact outside of your immediate social bubble/close family
• No shaking hands or hugging pre or post event
• Please do not enter if you or any of your family/or have interacted with anyone who has experienced COVID symptoms in the past two weeks or leading up to the competition you feel unwell
• If you feel unwell at all during the competition, please dial 111 or report to our first aid station who will provide advice and guidance.
• Please wear a face mask if you feel comfortable to do so.
• Only one spectator to be allowed to accompany each athlete, you will be required to provide full details upon entering the stadium
• Please respect the above rules - nonadherence may lead to disqualification from this and other BMC/EA competitions.